Wednesday, September 24, 2008

So excited.

"Look! These fit right on my hands! Fun!" - Tricia

The t-shirts for our reunion were to be shipped to me, here at the condo. Then I'll take them to the hotel where our reunion is happening and deliver them to the people who have already ordered and paid for them. One box was delivered today. The other box should have come with them, but they somehow got separated. They say that happens a lot. This makes me KNOW the reunion is close and it's so exciting for me. Tomorrow many people will come in; it's early as the reunion really starts on Friday night. Some of us come early, so we can get started early on hanging out together. We do these every 2 years, and it seems like forever between them for me. I keep up with most people by email and we see some from time to time, but the reunions are special. We see people we don't keep up with or see except at reunions and that's a great time.

We didn't do anything special around here today. I did laundry so everything is ready for the rest of our trip. I'll probably do laundry one more time, but it won't be absolutely necessary since I got everything done today. I didn't get up early to walk today, so I had to walk on the treadmill in the fitness room. It's a really nice facility for that; I have to give them credit for that! I like walking outside and seeing the mountains and the sun come up, but I was too sleepy to pry myself out for it this morning. Sunrise is really early and God makes that for special people who aren't sleepy heads.

We've eaten most of the food we bought, so we don't have too much to carry home and keep cool, but some. We'll eat breakfast and lunch here tomorrow, but when folks start coming in we'll be joining them to eat locally. We have some coupons for buy one and get one free for the Monte Carlo buffet, so we'll be going there with a bunch tomorrow night. So, we're winding down on our trip and winding up on the reunion. I imagine I'll be getting up early every morning to get my walking and exercises done during the reunion days.

I thank God for the opportunity to see these friends. We only dreamed we might ever see each other again, but none of us ever expected it. It's a great, great time. I pray that they all travel safely.

By the way, I feel great! I have absolutely no complaints.

2 comments:

  1. God didn't promise days without pain,laughter without sorrow,
    sun without rain,but he did promise strength for the day,comfort for the tears
    and light for the day
    amen

    ReplyDelete
  2. maryjo,amanda from hand here.
    this link-you might like the article..

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4063377.stm

    love always

    amanda.mike,finn and jayke
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete