Saturday, September 27, 2008

What a GREAT reunion.

I'm back at the condo for a quick 'break.' Then I'm going back to help set up for our auction and banquet tonight. I thought I'd better do the blog right now, so I can just crash when we come home tonight. I know I'll be tired.

I was the VP until today when elections gave us a new VP and relieved me of that responsibility. So, now all I do is only for fun; there is nothing I must do. I presided over the alumni meeting as our president couldn't be here, so it was my last 'yahoo.' It was a wonderful meeting. A guy who was here for his first reunion suggested that we all stand and introduce ourselves, so it was really fun to have everyone do that. I think we may do it every time after this one. Those who missed this reunion missed a treat. We all told our name, when were were at Itazuke, our graduating class, and maybe a memory or some history of ourselves. It was cool and very touching in some cases.

I continue to thank God for the opportunity to make this trip for me and for everyone who came. It's been a real joy. I'll have pictures for the blog from this reunion when we get home.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jo, The Bob and Diana you spoke about Friday, is this Hawaii Beautiful House Bob who was so kind to let us stay there also? If so, please tell him Aloha from the Roses, and we hope all is well with him. Have fun, Love, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, Linda, this Bob and Diana are the Bob and Diana who moved to our town a few years ago. They have been in Russia (really another country that used to be part of Russia and I can't say it or spell it) working for a couple of months. They just barely made it back in time for the reunion! You'd love them, too, though.

    Bob Dwyer (from Hawaii) couldn't make it. There are just too many complications in his life right now. We sure missed him. His brother was there, though, so it was really fun to get to know him better.

    Bob will see this on the blog, though; he reads it from time to time and I'll send him a note to be sure he sees your hello.

    Love you!

    Jo

    ReplyDelete