Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Safe in Laughlin, Nevada!


We made it! Here I am at the laptop in the hotel room in Laughlin. We made it in 14 ½ hours! We had no snags. We got checked in and went to eat, then I began the process of getting connected. It was a technical bad dream, but not a nightmare, so I waded through it. It should be simple from this point.

As you see I didn’t wear make up or boobs today, but it was great for traveling. How wonderful to have options! If I’d worn mascara it would be smeared all over, so this was the way to travel. Don and I took turns driving and sleeping. Actually, I only drove twice for about 30 minutes each time. I got much longer naps than he did, so I’m in great shape. We did lots of reading and discussing of "The Shack" so we really enjoyed that. It’s a great book.

We’re thinking of staying up to watch Big Brother, as we like to watch that. It’s not on until 11 our time, which means it’ll be midnight our time when it’s over. I’m not sure we want to stay up for that. Anyway, I’ve got some exercises to do. I did all I could in the car, but there are some that require more room than the van gives. So, I’m out of here and giving thanks for a safe trip. By the way, we had great weather and the scenery was wonderful, too God so richly blesses us all! (Evelyn, we saw that cross and all the metal work you sent the other day; we didn’t stop, but we noted it as we passed it. We’ve stopped before and we were getting miles behind us today and only seeing what we could as we drove past.)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jo!! Looks like Don is taking you on another of his Tours!!! Ha. Ya'll are so much fun! Just wanted to say that I have read The Shack also. Wow, what an eye-opener. Wish we could take off for a month of travel, and am really glad ya'll get to do trips. One day we will be able to follow suit! Love you, Linda R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Linda, life with Don is a constant TOUR! It's a ball. I'm so glad that you and Tom joined us for a couple of weeks of TOURing!

    I'm so glad you've read The Shack, too. Isn't it wonderful!

    I'll be so glad when you can follow suit and join us! The blast continues! I've read that belly laughs increase your life expectancy, so we're positioned to live a long, long time at the rate we keep laughing. It'll be so fun when you join us again.

    Love you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a bit behind here Jo...sorry. I did mean to tell you that I think this is a simply wonderful picture of you. dana
    see you soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Dana! You never have to say you're sorry. Remember Love Story? I know you love me and whenever you show up is the perfect time.

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete