Thursday, September 11, 2008

Tilt! No picture today. So sorry! - updated with a pic

Here's a pic of Rayne posing for the camera. Note the droopy clippy!
- Tricia

Today has been a good day because we got to check in early to the condo. They gave us an upgrade, so that pleased us, too. We've not been to this location before, so we took a tour because it's brand new and we wanted to see what they offer. Well, it's going to be fantastic when it's all up and running, but it's not all up and running yet. Great. That means our phones aren't working in our units, which is no big deal since we have cell phones, BUT it also means I can't connect to the Internet. They do have an Internet station that I can use, so that I can post on the blog, but I don't have any way to get the pictures put on the blog. It's too late to call Trish, or I'd ask her to put on a picture she sent me the other night of her kids. Maybe she'll see this in the morning and do it.

Anyway, I look pretty much the same. My hair is getting downright bushy. I don't know how long I can stand not cutting it. I'm working to be patient so that I can play with it. Trouble is that I don't know how to play; I've never had this toy before!

Oh, I swam in the pool (it's wonderful) today and, besides me, there was only a little girl in there. I struck up a conversation with her and asked how old she was. (9) Then she asked me how old I was. Tilt. So, I asked her how old she would guess me to be. She guessed 50! I grabbed her out of the pool and bought her a sundae! Just kidding. I was pleased, though.

Our unit is really nice and we are just about settled to stay a while. I like our familiar condos, closer to home, better, though. This one is filled with gadgets that I don't know how to work. I had to call for help to figure out how to get the dryer to work! The ice maker wasn't working, so I called for help for that. It wasn't plugged into the water! This unit has never had anyone stay in it before, so some real fundamental stuff isn't right. I guess we're the guinea pigs. It has a shower big enough for 2 people; it even has two showers in there. There is plenty of storage and I like that!

Hopefully I can get on with pictures tomorrow, but I'll at least post to let you know all is well. It's really nice to be able to eat our own food. We went to the grocery store and bought groceries today, so I fixed our lunch and supper. We eat easy stuff, but it's what we like, so that's good. Tomorrow I've got to grind chia seeds, so I can put that into all our food; that's our super food, you know. No lie; it's really good for you. I've got broccoli seeds soaking to sprout, too. I brought some sprouts from home, but we'll need more, soon. We eat easy, but somewhat quacky, huh?

Thank you for caring enough to check on us. We thank God for you all.

4 comments:

  1. Jo...I see you are the first "follower" of our blog! Isn't the internet a funny thing...now we can do so many things with it! I got the "free counter" from off your blog :)
    Your writing is so encouraging to me. I am constantly amazed at your faithfulness and patience. You are a great role model! Love you, keep on keeping on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Emily! The Internet is such a wonderful thing! I love that it can keep us 'together' even though we are miles apart! I'm glad you learned about the 'free counter' from us! Trish keeps me up on all the frills.

    I'm sure glad I can be encouraging to you; that gives me hope and strength, to know that what I post can be positive.

    I love your stories and am so impressed with how 'big' you can be! I mean entertaining a KING; there are many who think he is somebody and in the world's terms he is, but we know that we are blessed to be the daughters of THE king, huh!

    You and Monty are very brave and we are so proud of you for taking this adventure! It's so good to hear from you!

    Love,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I didn't get a picture on today. Rayne doesn't like it when I spend time on the computer, so I am always racing to get it done. And I've been reading your blog on Nate's computer when I blog and I con't have any pics on here! I'll try to remember to post one in the morning.

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for leaving some pictures for me, Trish! I know you have plenty on your plate besides having to back me up on the blog! I love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete