Tuesday, September 16, 2008

new concept - with a pic!

Here's Rayne 'helping' Daddy fix something. She's really good at 'helping'. - Tricia

This is so cool. I write the blog and then check in to write the next day and Trish has added cool pictures. I love it! It's a great, new concept for me, but it adds to her 'to do' list. Isn't that the sweetest little tiny baby; that picture of her? She weighted all of 5 pounds, 2 ounces. I was scared to death they wouldn't let me take her home when she dropped below 5 pounds, but she didn't linger long and was back up to 5 when we went home with her. She was a mighty little thing. Little did I realize that she would grow up to be a wonderful mom of 6 who can look after me, too,from remote, no less! Thanks, Trish!

Wait until it's Gretta's birthday and we'll put on her hospital picture! She looked just like Trish only she was rounder. She also takes care of me from several states away. I anguish over my hair being a bush and she tells me it's great. I'm hanging tough with it. It's just that I don't know what to do with it. Used to, if I was stressed about ANYTHING, I'd go trim my hair. I can't do that with these curls because I don't know where to cut! So, I've decided to just go wet it; that makes the curls draw up so it's about as good as a cut and it makes me feel like I've done something. Then sweet Gretta tells me I did good; God love her!

Yesterday and the day before we walked to the strip and around this end of it and back. Today we drove to another place a little farther up on the strip and parked and then walked a different portion of the strip. Maybe tomorrow we'll go walk another portion. It's a LOT of walking! The wild thing about Vegas is that you can see some place and you think you can walk to it. Well, you might can, but it's a lot farther than you thought! There is a lot here to see. We've seen a lot of it before, but there is always a TON of new stuff. We are so amazed at all they keep building here.

If you are wondering about that head virus I had, it's total history. I cough a tad, but I consider me done with it and it never went to my lungs. I sure thank God for that! I'm feeling great and keeping up with all my exercises. My arm is doing very well. I wear the sleeve every day; I guess I'll have to do that for the rest of my life. I'm pretty much used to it. I can accept it because I can tell that it does relieve the pressure in my arm from the swelling.

I've heard from everyone we know in the Houston area except for one who was in the worst part. I'm assuming that she still doesn't have power and can't call me back. Nobody has power, yet, although Judy says they have power coming back intermittently, so that's a sign that they may have it soon. The biggest problem besides no power is the gas shortage and then the food shortage. I can only imagine and thank God that it wasn't worse for them, as it sure could have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment