Wednesday, July 8, 2009

7/8/9



This is a lovely little water fall near a beach (Kolekole) on the way to Hilo. Notice that there are two waterfalls (one is little triangle way back up in the trees) and they split so that it really dumps into the water at 3 different places. We really like this. Anyway, I built a stack of rocks so that the falls would be in the background. It's common to see stacks of rocks wherever we go and there were no stacks here, so I felt compelled to build one. This was taken yesterday on our adventure to the Volcano. This little stream dumps into the ocean right at this place and the road goes over the park. It's a very interesting and favorite place for us.


Today we're 'resting' up from yesterday's long day. Don pulled weeds in the pasture. I pulled weeds in the vegetable garden. Tom and Linda picked up leaves in the yard, and Linda and I have done laundry. It's a gorgeous day, so we're hanging the laundry outside to dry. Karen, who we are house-sitting for next is here painting both lanais (porches), so we've enjoyed some time to visit with her. It sounds like work and it is chores that have to be done, but when we split it up between 4 of us, it's not so much. We get the work done and then we can play.


Tom and Linda have a big day planned tomorrow. They're going early in the morning to Oahu to spend the day there. They want to tour the Pearl Harbor area and as much of the island as they can. They'll be home late tomorrow night. We'll be doing more 'resting' and chores tomorrow.
We so thank God that Tom is feeling fine today and none of us are sick. The first thing we all said this morning is, "Do you feel sick?" He's been working right beside all the rest of us, so I think he's fine. We all seem to be fine, too. Praise God!


I'm glad we're home so that I can post this in time to recognize this way cool number: 7/8/9. That's today. Of course it got more cool with the hours and moments, but I did good to recall this much. Numbers come so hard for me, now, but I got this! Woo-hoo!

4 comments:

  1. I love how you can zoom in on your pictures MaryJo...I hope everyone else knows about that. You miss so many details when you don't zoom. dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful picture! It's not just a stack of rocks, it's a cairn - a mound of stones erected as a memorial or marker. How fitting for you to build one here as it marks a place that you found to be special. Wonder what all the other cairns you have found mark? Sounds like you guys are having quite an adventure.

    Love,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you do that, Dana. I hope others do it, also because there is so much to see! The dial up people probably don't because it takes so long, but I hope the high speed people do it often. I know you are always paying attention!

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trish, I'm so glad you like it! I just learned today from Karen, who lives in the house where we'll house-sit next, that these stacks of rocks are cairns! It's funny because sometimes we see signs that say, "No rock stacking." I think they are really cool.

    We are having so much fun. It's been such a blast with the 4-wheel drive vehicle that Tom and Linda rented. We're going EVERYWHERE and then some!

    I'm watching about Peeps and the sewing class. It sounds like you're having a pretty fun summer, too!

    Love you,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete