Friday, July 31, 2009

Boom; crash!





I apologize to the dial up people for putting on 2 pictures, but you've got to see both of these to fully appreciate either of them. This is the same location, but one is with the water crashing up against the cliff and the other is with the water running down the cliff after the crash.



I took this at MacKenzie State Park, yesterday. We went here with Tom and Linda, but we had a really full day that day and didn't have time to stay here very long. I love the way the waves crash in and splash all over the cliffs. It's so hard to get a good picture, though, because you don't know it's going to be a 'big one' until it hits and the camera just isn't that quick. I usually get the run off like in the one picture. Yesterday, though, there would be a big 'BOOM' right before the big crashing wave, so I was able to get the splashing one. It's such a spectacular sight and I love to be able to catch it with the camera, so I can see it again and again.



Today we are taking it easy. Well, I've done 2 loads of laundry, but we're not doing any hiking. I needed a rest day after the last two days. We were talking with Harry yesterday about what it is about the ocean that people love so much. Everyone seems to be intrigued by it. I think what is so awesome about it is that it is even better than the Energizer bunny; it never lets up or stops. It just keeps on coming in and going out. Somehow that is comforting to me. It gives me hope that nothing is final; we will always keep on going in one form or another. It's a pattern in the plan and it brings me comfort and courage. I love being able to watch it from the side; I remember times in Japan at the beach when we'd RIDE those waves all day. What great memories. I thank God for the experience, the memories and the ability to see those waves today! (You know I have these cataracts that I was afraid would hinder my vision in Hawaii. I'm using some drops and I think they must be helping. I can see pretty well; certainly well enough that I'm not going to go home and spend $8,000 to have them fixed. These drops are supposed to dissolve the cataracts . . . hmmm . . . could it really be working? Thank you, God!

2 comments:

  1. Jo,

    It took a while for the two pictures but it was worth it--they are awesome. I have always wanted to go to Hawaii but don't want to fly so your "tours" are great.

    They charge too much for cataract surgery in OK--Hank had his done for $2000 and that was the one where they inserted a lense and he doesn't have to wear glasses. He could have gotten it almost free if he had used the Medicare approved surgery but it was worth the extra so he doesn't have to wear glasses. He really likes that.

    So good to see that you are doing so well--keep up the hiking. I need to be doing more of that and some bike riding too. Take care and God bless you and Don.

    Love ya,

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a difference in the cost of cataract repairs! I'd better shop around, huh? They are actually about $2500 per eye and then I'm allowing the other $1500 per eye to have the fog removed if it comes. Don had fog come on both eyes, so I figure I'd better be prepared for that. This is the kind that Hank had; did he have BOTH eyes done for $2000? So far I'm getting by with the drops; I'm hoping they'll work or at least hold me until I make it to 65 so that medicare will take care of it. Of course in 4 years Obama may have 'changed' that so that it won't even pay for it. Thanks for the input.

    It's worth the flight to Hawaii! It's about the only flight I'll make. I don't do the helicopter rides here that everyone else likes so much. I can see enough from the ground!

    Love you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete