Sunday, July 19, 2009

Fruit bowl welcome.



This is a picture of the fruit bowl that Karen left in the kitchen for us. I should have taken pictures of this cute little house before we added all our clutter. She has it looking like something out of a storybook. It's really fun to be here.


I haven't started the relaxing, yet. I've been getting all organized and ready to live here for a month. Tomorrow I make biscuits and gravy, so we'll be able to eat breakfast on those for a while. After breakfast we'll go to church. Then I don't have any more plans for the day. I hope tomorrow will be a day to relax and read.


One of the little dogs we're sitting with has an infection so we get to give her a pill every day. That's not much joy for any of us. She's really sweet about it, but she has no intention of eating it. I'm sure it would make a comic video. After about 20 attempts we win; God bless her little tiny heart! She just spits it out and we go through it all, again. I talked to Ruthie today and she told me to rub the dogs throat and she'll swallow it. We'll give that a good effort tomorrow. Here I was rubbing her head. Duh; so much for a cat person keeping dogs! We Do have a cat, here, but she's no trouble at all. Maybe tomorrow I'll get pictures of all this 'family.'


Waimea is inland from the coast, so we get a lot of rain. In fact it has rained off an on ever since we got here. We'll go to the beach soon if it doesn't dry up, here. The beach is just about 20 minutes from here, so that's no big deal. In fact, on a clear day we can see the ocean. This is really a beautiful location. The rain makes it really lush. It's not the pouring down kind of rain; just a pretty steady mist. We just have to be home around 4 every day to feed the animals.


There is only a shower here, so bath time is a challenge for me. It's fun to be here, though. It kind of feels like we're living in a doll house. It'll make me SO happy to get to my bathtub at home!


Bob's house is such a wonderful place to be; we knew it would be a challenge to move to this very different place. So far, it's wonderful, too, though. The dogs are a challenge, too, but they are really wonderful little folks. They're very well behaved and we're enjoying them. That's a big deal for me! I thank God for lots of good experiences. There are so many wonderful people everywhere; I always love cats, and I'm finding I can even love dogs.

2 comments:

  1. Sissy, if there is a PetSmart or Petco near by, by a small bag of Pill Pockets. They are like a little meaty tube with one end closed. You slip the pill in there and give it to the dog....guaranteed to work. I had to use them for Susie when giving her a pill became such a struggle. Her pills were very small so I used to break off a piece of the tube and sort of mold the stuff around the pill. I think it would be worth it for you. Hope that helps. Love you....T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet, Terri! Thank you so much for your suggestion. However, Karen had already tried those and said they wouldn't work. She has them here for me to return to her friend who loaned them to her.

    However, Ruthie told me last night to throw the pill way into her mouth, then hold her mouth shut and rub her neck until she swallows. THAT did work! (It took 3 tries, but that was better than about 20 or way more than we could count yesterday!) She's really fast; she spits it out before we can get her mouth shut!

    Thanks so much for your help; it makes me feel like you're here with us in spirit, at least!

    Love you,

    Sissy

    ReplyDelete