Saturday, July 4, 2009

Thud!


You won’t believe this story! This is me, in the swing in Pololu Valley; look, no hands! I do not believe this is my third time down into Pololu Valley since we’ve been here. I’m having so much fun, going down there. It’s a pretty tough hike, but it’s so worth it. Most people go down and back up and never hike back into the woods to see the hammock (climb up another hill), the wild tomatoes volunteering, or the huge swing. We do it all. Today we even harvested a ripe tomato that we’ve been watching the whole time we’ve been here!


Now, here’s the unbelievable part. Tom was on the swing and I was videoing him with his camera. He nearly ran over me, and then just as I was getting him back into the viewer, he said, “Look, no hands!’ I was gasping that he had let go when he FELL off onto his back with a big scary THUD! I screamed, “Oh my gosh!” and cut off the camera to run see if he was okay. Linda and I were running to him when he rolled over and said, “Did you get that?” He bounced right up and it was my turn to swing. Now, mind you, we are people in our 60’s! I jumped up onto the swing and was swinging, and Tom said, “No hands!” The really hard thing to believe is I DID IT after he had fallen! I think I shouldn’t be around him; he has too much influence on me and neither of us has any sense, obviously.


Seriously, I thank God for Tom and Linda in our lives. We have so much fun with them. I also thank God that Tom wasn’t hurt when he fell and thank God that I didn’t fall. I promise not to be so stupid, again. I’m still going to swing, but I promise to hold on the whole time.


I’ve got lots of pictures to post next month when we are house-sitting in Waimea. I don’t expect to be doing so much that month, so I’ll be posting more scenes from this month’s adventures.


Oh, in case you’re wondering, Don chose not to go down into Pololu today. He wanted to stay home and get some work done around here, and he thought he’d been down into Pololu enough. He may not let us go off without him, again, since he is the more level head of the bunch of us. (Ya think???)

No comments:

Post a Comment