Friday, July 24, 2009

Hapuna Beach Day



The picture tonight is Don with his little fans, Lii and Kaimauna. (pronounced Lee-ee and Ki-mawna) I might be spelling or even pronouncing them wrong, but I'm close. They come when I say come, so they know I'm talking to them. They are really smart and well behaved little dogs. They do whatever I say. Lii has to have a pill every day, and we're doing pretty good with her. I think we got it on the second attempt today. One other time we got it on the first attempt. Usually it takes 5 or 6 attempts. She never snarls or bites; she just spits it out if we aren't quick enough to hold her mouth shut. When I tap my finger on the ground and say come, they come right there. When I say night-night, they run right into their crate. They're really amazing.


Today we went to Hapuna Beach. It's the huge big white sand beach that connects with the Hilton's white sand beach. It was packed, but there is always room for one more mat. We put our mats down and then went and walked the beach. When we came back there was a Hawaiian guy sitting in a chair RIGHT NEXT to us playing Hawaiian songs on a ukulele! It was so relaxing and beautiful! I left my camera in the car, so I didn't get any pictures today. Ugh.


On the way home we stopped by the grocery store and picked up a few things we needed, including a pound of rice to make a rice buddy. I knew it is cooler in Waimea (where we are now), so I'd packed a sock to make a buddy if we needed it. We got sweats to wear to bed, and Don wears socks to bed, but I hate socks, so my feet have been cold. I made the buddy this afternoon, so he'll warm our bed before we go to bed tonight. I also fixed the flower on my swim suit. I had added a flower to the front and back on the side where I had radiation and am supposed to not get sun, but the flower in the front fell all to pieces today. So, I repaired that.


I have to thank God, again, for all the home ec. teachers in my life. (6) Mrs. Joyce, who is 97, still writes to me; I've even gotten a letter from her since we've been here. I write to her from time to time and tell her how much I appreciate all she taught me. I think she taught me mostly confidence to make things happen they way they should around the house instead of letting the house run me. I wish I had a picture of her to post; anyway, I love her and am glad we can keep in touch. I'm sorry they don't teach home ec. anymore; the world will suffer.

No comments:

Post a Comment