Saturday, July 11, 2009

Zipping! Woo-hoo!



Here we are in full zipping gear, but we're at the rest stop. We zipped 6 times, I think, and then we were at this little resting place at a beautiful waterfall. After this stop we went over a swinging bridge and then zipped the last two very long zips. We had never zipped, so this was truly an adventure for us. I wondered if it would be worth it or scary or what. It was worth it and it was not scary; it was exciting and way fun!


The guides were so much fun and very polite and kind, as well. Linda chose not to go, so we missed her, but she had a great time shopping. We got into a huge 6-wheel vehicle that can ride over any terrain and then they took us way up into the mountain where the zips are. The ride into the zip area was ROUGH, but so much fun. It was wonderful zipping. Even when it rained we barely felt it because we were so covered by trees. The small hikes from one zip to another were easy and it was so beautiful. Even if we hadn't zipped it would have been worth it to hike up there. They provided us with wonderful homemade snacks, fruits, and local juices. Yum.


You won't believe who we saw on our way into the zip area. Terry Bradshaw! No lie! He was in a vehicle just like ours, only he was on his way out, having just finished zipping! We got back to the check in station and he had signed a football for them. Don was close enough to high 5 him, but Terry wasn't about to do that. He was all smiles and friendly, but he was wise not to touch anyone; who knows who might have a knife or some terrible germ. I guess you can't be too safe. Anyway, we were tickled to see him and Linda was horrified that she missed him.


Yesterday was sweet Raynie's 2nd birthday. We celebrated the best we could before we left, but I missed it yesterday. I didn't even realize what day it was until I did the blog and then it still didn't hit me that it was her birthday until I read her daddy's note about it on FaceBook. Shes a precious 2 and won't hold it against me. I sure miss her and all her cousins. We see lots of cute kids here, but I miss OURS! Two years ago she was born without us being there because we were in Houston getting my biopsy done and she couldn't wait. So, I began my mainstream fight with cancer as we welcomed her into the world. That was on Tuesday and that weekend we went home to see her and then went right back to Houston to start me on chemo. She was born with a cleft pallate, so she had her battles, too. She had surgery this time last year and she did beautifully. She and I are so recovered and I sure thank God for her and for our recoveries!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Dana please.....playing the "old" card won't work with us!!! Besides, age is only in your mind! Let's do it!!!
    T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terri, her 'old' card isn't battered enough, is it? Mind??? I have real trouble with that one, but I know we can all ZIP! Woo-hoo! Let's go!

    ReplyDelete