Wednesday, July 29, 2009

World Botanical Gardens Day



This is a picture Don took today at Umauma Falls, at the World botanical gardens. We love this place and enjoyed it a bunch. Dana, I got a bunch of pictures, but the mosquitoes were after me so feverishly that I had to really hurry. I'll send them after we get home to high speed. Some are pretty good.


We really enjoyed our day in Hilo. We've gotten to spend many months in Hawaii, thanks to Bob Dwyer needing a house-sitter from time to time. We're always in such a hurry to get to the volcano that we scurry right through Hilo. Today we took our time since we weren't going to the volcano at all. It was really nice! We found several good beaches that we had no idea existed in Hilo! I'll post some pictures in the future.


Tomorrow we're going back to the west coast to hike around between two of the resorts: the Hilton and the Marriott. We read about a hike there in a book that Tom and Linda gave us, so exploring we will go! Thanks, Tom and Linda! We also read about the beaches we found in Hilo in that book. Don's Tours is expanding. By the way, we learned that the waterfall at Kolekole park is the water from Akaka Falls! How cool is that? Sorry if I'm confusing you folks who haven't been here with us, but we're enjoying learning new things.


We know that we are so blessed to get to spend this much time really enjoying Hawaii. I'm so grateful that we were introduced to the Big Island because it is so very interesting and not as touristy as the other bigger islands.


Yesterday was our last day to give little Lii a pill and she got it down on the first attempt! What a finale! She seems just fine to me, so I guess the pills did their job.


The other day I was talking to our good friend, Dorothy, and she said, "Jo, I'm just going to pin you down and ask, are you really doing okay?" Isn't that sweet? Bless her heart; she doesn't have Internet, so she doesn't see the blog every day. We just talk on the phone every few days. If any of you are wondering, I'm doing just great. My only complaint is that I can't keep my weight down with this Arimidex. That is not a life or death issue, so I don't think it's important. I am so pleased to be able to hike everywhere we want. I am strong enough to do all the work required to keep these houses. (This one is pretty easy!) I feel great. I'm loving hanging out the clothes; what a treat. Now, I'm hunting a spot for a clothesline at home to Don's chagrin. Dorothy and David are doing just fine, by the way. Thank God for theirs and our health!

No comments:

Post a Comment