Monday, July 20, 2009

Sunday swinging.



This is a picture Don took of me swinging in the swing on this property. It hangs from the tree house. I don't know what the tree house is for because there is nobody here to use it. But, I know what to do with the swing! It's really a beautiful place.


Today I did laundry and hung it all out. Most of it dried, but some is still hanging on the lanai. I hope it will dry over night or tomorrow.
After church today I did laundry and hung everything out after lunch. Then we walked all over the 3 acres and explored where the fruit is (limes and oranges) and where the avocados are. This place is really huge. The house is tiny, but the 3 acres really seems big. I'll post some other pictures over the next few days. I got lots of good shots today.


We are finally pretty settled in here. Tomorrow our plan is to go to the west coast and hike around some beaches we have never seen. Tom and Linda gave us a new book about the island, and we found some beaches in there that we need to explore. It's cooler here than at the beach, so we're ready to get warm after a couple of days here.


I jiggled for 15 minutes today. My back was so glad I lugged that jiggler all the way here. It's such a good fix for me. I thank God that we found it, bought it, and that it helps me so much.


I should report that my hair is doing fine and surviving here. I pull it up in a banana clip and then tuck it under, so it's a fuzzy bun on the top of the back of my head. The wind doesn't damage it too much and the humidity keeps it way curly. I haven't even been tempted to cut it.

5 comments:

  1. Notice I finally figured out how to become a member and a follower (lets just hope it works)
    Wow, no idea that you had 3 acres to play in. I can't wait to see all the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW...it always amazes me that it takes 2 (count em 2) attempts to post anything on this blog. Just sayin....some sort of a little quirk, or maybe its just me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dana, welcome to the followers; I hope it works for you better than the posting does. Just imagine the trouble I have getting the post done every night. I don't know why it's so difficult. For a while lots of people couldn't post at all, so I guess we have to be glad that it works in 2 attempts. Thanks for hanging tough with it! And, thanks for following us.

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Dana, I think you might like to subscribe by email, too. When you post, there is a place right beside the preview button that says subscribe by email. I think that means that the blog will come to you in your email and you don't have to go to it every day. I'm not sure that's what it means, but I think so. You might subscribe and see what happens?

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I already did that MaryJO...its comes in my email (i love it that way)

    ReplyDelete