Thursday, July 23, 2009

Day of rest.



This is the picture I promised of Don holding onto the stick at the top of Knob Hill. It's not all that impressive, to look at this picture, but you just ought to climb this thing. Trust me; it's a doozy. Mountain Goat (Jim) Miller wouldn't have any trouble with it, but he didn't get that nickname by being a wimpy climber! I thought of him lots going up Knob Hill! I wonder if he climbed it when he and Jill lived here back in the '70's.


Today I requested a day of rest. That meant we didn't go anywhere or do any hiking. It didn't mean that I didn't still make 3 meals and do a load of laundry. Laundry here is really fun because there is NO dryer. I love hanging out clothes, but there is no dryer to fall back on in case it rains. No problem! The clothesline is on the lanai (porch), so it dries out there even if it rains. There is enough wind that the wind will dry it if it's raining. How about that? Now, the fun thing is that Karen (everybody?) is probably 5 inches taller than me, at least, so I can't reach the clothesline. She has this little house fully equipped though, so I found a great step stool. So, that means I go up and down the ladder 20 or 30 times to hang a load of clothes. I'm sure it's good exercise for me and I'm enjoying it.


Today I'm thanking God for building our bodies to heal and regenerate. Don says that's what sleep is supposed to do, but I needed a day of rest, too. I do feel like tackling a big hike tomorrow if he wants to do that. I'll bet we'll go to the beach and walk up and down along the wave lines. We've been here for over a month, now, and haven't been to a beach in a swim suit, yet, so I think tomorrow's the day. Beachers beware! Relax, I'm not sending pictures of us on the beach; we've got plenty of good pictures to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment