Friday, July 31, 2009

Happy Day.



We are so tired! We had a wonderful time today with Harry, but we are home and ready for bed.


I took lots of pictures today, but I started the day catching this picture on the way. We see this spot often, but it's hard to get the shot, so I was pleased to get it. I love it that someone put this on the side of their hill for passers by to see. (Happy face.) I'll share more pictures from out trip to the Puna District later. Harry is a wonderful friend.


Now, I have to ask Kyle to pardon me for neglecting his birthday, yesterday. Actually, we sent a card a week or so ago, so he should have gotten that in time, but I didn't even realize what day it was yesterday when I did the blog. I'm so out of touch with what day it is, here! We catch church days and red shirt days, but dates and times are really confusing to me. (Numbers! Details! Chemo fog wins.) Anyway, yesterday was Kyle's birthday and it brings to mind not only his birthday, but what a great kid he has always been. He's growing up so fast and we are really proud of him. He's one who could sit up all night playing cards with me if I didn't crash! Kyle, celebrate every day, and know we love you and are very proud of you.


We got up at 5:30 this morning to get the dogs and cat taken care of before we left for the day. It's about a 2 and a half hour drive to Harry's so we spent 5 hours driving today. It was a great drive, though. There are so many beautiful views to see all the way to his house. Then we got there and he showed us his pictures from his trip to Australia that he made since he visited us in Hawi. Then he took us all around the area where he lives and showed us places we had never seen. We love having a guided tour. It helps us to know Harry even better when he shares his favorite spots with us.

While we were touring around our friend, Jo Ann, called from home to check on us. It's so good to have good friends here and there. We thank God for good friends all over. We also thank God today that Bob Duffer finished his chemo treatments at MD Anderson. Hopefully, he'll be headed home to Kona soon! Praise God for good friends, and if you're reading this you are one of them. Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. Kyle thanks you for his card! And, money!! =) I'm surprised he hasn't spent it all yet! It doesn't stay in his possession long these days! (I also let him read all your sweet thoughts on the blog.)

    Love & miss you guys!!! Stay safe! God bless!
    g.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Gina! I can't believe he hasn't spent it all, yet; it doesn't last long in anyone's possession these days.

    Have fun at the corn boil; I know it's a really fun thing for everyone. It sounds like a lot of work, but it's a great community and family builder. Hugs to all of you.

    Love,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete