Saturday, July 25, 2009

Me, holding DOGS!



This is a picture Don made today of me holding both dogs. Notice the cat is way in the background and both dogs are very aware of her. (The cat's name is Cricket! We had a kitty named Krickett for years, so it brings back good nostalgia when I'm calling her.) They're such little bullies because she lets them, I think. It's a game they all play. The little brown dog is the leader of the whole pack. I really had on a tank top and a pair of shorts, but a shower came and left us chilly for a while, so I had on the big shirt to take off the chill. It looks like I only had on the tank top and the shirt, but I had on shorts, too. It's been a beautiful day here, but we have a shower every day, it seems. It's been pretty warm, but this chilly spell made me get out the makings for chili and we had that for supper. I put the leftovers in the freezer to pull out the next time a chilly spell hits us.


We went yard saling this morning. Sometimes yard sales are really good, here, because people are going back to the mainland and they don't want the cost of shipping everything, so they are really unloading good things. It's the same at the thrift stores. There are sometimes lots of really good things there. We didn't need any really good things, but I did get a couple of belts and came home and made knee bands to match the red shorts I got last week at the thrift store. I also got a couple of plates. We use the same two plates over and over and I didn't want to chip one of Karen's set. She has everything so nice and matching. We have to wash everything the minute we're done with it or the ants think it's a picnic and swarm us. There is no dishwasher, so all we need is these two plates we got today. Karen won't want this junk, so we'll take it and donate it to the thrift store right before we leave.


Oh, Don said I should explain that nobody has heat or air conditioning here, so that's why we get cool, sometimes. The weather is pretty much between 65 and 85 all the time, but when it's down around 65 and rainy, that chills our bones. Just a little extra clothing solves the issue. I think some really rich people might have AC, but heat is not necessary at all. Electricity is too expensive to run AC unless you have money running out your ears.


I'm thanking God for a rest day today. It's been so nice to actually read some of a novel Linda left for me! It's nice to be in such a beautiful place and have time to relax. Most people come to Hawaii for a week and have to rush through everyday to get to see and do everything. We're really blessed to get to really relax here and I'm so grateful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment