Monday, July 27, 2009

Cricket, the cat.



The picture tonight is Cricket, the cat we feed. Cats are so easy and this one is really a dream cat. She comes when we call her to eat, and then she goes somewhere. She's never here except to eat. I don't even have to clean a litter box! Actually, I think she comes back at night when we bring the dogs inside; then she sleeps on the lanai. I think that because I see cat hair out there, plus we sometimes hear her meow in the mornings. She probably thinks she's really hacking the dogs off to be in their space and leave her scent. Maybe that's why they bark whenever they see her. It's pretty funny to observe. She will let me pet her, but she doesn't demand it like the dogs do. She's very independent.


Today was another easy day for us. We went to church at the stables, again, this morning. The church doesn't have a building, so they meet from place to place. Once a month they meet up in Kapaau, in a school, which is very close to Hawi. The rest of the time they usually meet at the stables, here in Waimea. The place doesn't matter; the fellowship is what matters. It's all interesting. One week we met at a family's home, After church we didn't have plans and I didn't have chores, so I actually read some more on my book. I did work on repairs to my beach mat, but I'm not having much luck with that. I first sewed it, but that didn't hold. Then I glued it. We'll see if it's holding in the morning. If the glue holds, then I'd do some more sewing on it; I hope it holds. We only need it to last another few weeks.


Tonight we went back to the Paniolo (the Hawaiian word for cowboy)Country Inn Restaurant to eat. I like their spaghetti, but besides that they had entertainment tonight. I wanted to go because I thought it just might be really good. It was! It was a kid who sang and played the guitar and I thought he was really good. I googled him, and he's not any kind of celebrity, but he had a good personality and I enjoyed his singing and playing. I'm sure Don was just tolerating it and only went to please me, but it did please me. I'm happy with left over spaghetti, plus I got to hear the good music.


I always thank God for Don. He is so kind to always aim to please me. He helps me in millions of ways. He does all the tall chores for me; man, is that ever a big help! He's been such a wonderful support through having breast cancer and the treatments. Many men choose not to support their wives; they disappear! Don has been right here with me all the way. I really appreciate that he doesn't pressure me one tiny bit about reconstruction. He would have supported me if I'd chosen to go that route, but he let me make the decision. Bless his heart. We went yard saling yesterday, and I got out of the car at the first place and realized I'd forgotten to wear boobs! I wouldn't have blamed him if he'd been embarrassed, but he just shrugged his shoulders like I did. It's amazing; people don't pay attention. They notice my knee bands more than anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment