Sunday, April 18, 2010

Another hitchhiker.


The picture tonight is Gracie hitchhiking on Ryan at the pool in Branson. She has 3 big brothers, but now, she has another even bigger 'brother!' Ryan is pretty close to Don's size, and he'll be 17 next month. He's the newcomer in the Oglesby household and we all claim him with pride. This was taken before Grace discovered she could swim the whole pool, so it was sure great to have someone to take her to the deep end. Ryan is so handy! He's another tall person to help me reach things; he plays great cards; he loves to help whenever possible and he's a great eater . . . a grammy's dream! (Besides all that he sings and acts.)

Today it's still cool and drippy. The irises are on hold and me, too. I walked on the treadmill, so I'm content. All the iris stalks are just about to burst! I can see color on so many of them. If we get a little sunshine my yard is going to burst open with irises. Weather.com says we may get some sun tomorrow, so tomorrow may be the bursting open day for the irises; it's not going to be so warm, but probably it will be warm enough. I'm excited and love it that God gives us this pleasure every spring.

My back is so much better than last week. I finished up the herbs and vitamins for this batch. In a couple of weeks I'll do another batch and hope to get ahead for a while. It's a pretty overwhelming task, so I never look forward to it, but we believe they help us, so it has to be done.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment