Monday, April 12, 2010

Open irises!


I have irises open! Woo hoo! These aren't my favorite ones, but I love them today because they are the first ones to open!

My back is better in some ways, but worse in others. It did only hurt when I got up and down. Now it doesn't hurt as bad when I get up and down, but it hurts all the time. That's not happy for me, but it's so much better than chemo. Everything is relative! It's better than surgery or radiation, too. I survived all that and I'll survive this, too. I see the chiropractor again tomorrow. I just know I'm not ever going to get this out of shape, again! I thank God that this is only a backache. It reminds me that my sweet mom had so much trouble and so much pain with her back. I thank God that I don't think my back issues are as bad as hers were. I thank Him for giving me the opportunity to survive worse times so that I can put this into perspective. I'll be all better soon.

We did walk today, but we cut it short because my back was hurting. I'm so grateful that Don is so thoughtful; he goes with me, but he doesn't make me feel bad about cutting it short. I did pull some weeds in the yard today, too. I thought I was behaving because I was sitting on my 3 legged stool, so that I didn't have to bend. Don came out and reminded me that I was SITTING, though, and the chiropractor said sitting is the worst thing I can do. Ugh. So, I quit, but I got a little done so I didn't feel totally useless today.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful MaryJo....mine opened too. success...at last

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so greedy; now, I can hardly wait for all the others to open. I'm so glad I have lots of re-bloomers to keep me thrilled until Thanksgiving.

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete