Wednesday, April 28, 2010

See why I could hardly wait?


Tonight's picture is one Don took this morning of me out doing an inventory of the irises out back. Compare this one to the picture he took last week when only 2 or 3 were blooming. THIS is more like it! Last year I only had the peach colored ones and the purple ones behind me; all the rest were planted last year and this is their first year to bloom. This is so much fun, and I thank God for them!

Today has been an uncomplicated day. I love it when there are no complications! I did all my exercises, paid my library fine (4 cents) and found grapefruit at the store. It's wonderful when things work easily. We even had sunshine today and the wind was rugged, but it kept me from getting too hot when I was gathering sunshine. The wind broke a few of my irises, but I just brought them inside to enjoy.

Don even got the yard mowed for the first time and it looks great. One mower quit on him, so we took it to the shop, but he was able to finish with the back up mower; his day was complicated, I guess. We thank God that our complications are the kind that can be easily untangled.

2 comments: