Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Irises sleeping in?


This is a picture Don made of me out inspecting the irises for about the 10th time today. See, there are four big clumps on this side of the sidewalk and they are full of stalks, but none are open. There are a bunch more clumps beside me with a couple that are nearly open, but not open, yet! I think my irises are sleeping in, because lots of irises all over town are in full bloom. I don't get what's up with mine, but I know they'll open soon. Maybe they're waiting for Steve and Mary to get here to show off for them. I have a few open out front and some others open in the back (they were too far away to be in this picture), so I have a bouquet in the house, but I am so anxious for a BUNCH to open!

Today has been warmer. In fact we spent some time out collecting sunshine (Vitamin D). It was good to be warm enough to be outside and not shivering. I thought sure the irises would burst open today, but they're going to surprise me one day soon.

Don vacuumed and I did the hard floors today. I dusted and did the bathrooms yesterday, so it feels good to be in a clean house, again. He makes a great pattern on the carpet when he vacuums; how cool is that? I'm so grateful that he does it; it's a huge help to me.

Tomorrow night we're playing cards at Jo Ann and Frank's house and then Friday Steve and Mary will be here. So, we have great times coming our way. I thank God that my back has gotten better and better each day. He made us so amazing! Now I'll be able to enjoy these fun times with friends.

In the picture, that's one of Don's cherry trees in the front, right. Maybe if you click on it you'll be able to see all the green cherries on it. I sure hope he gets to eat some of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment