Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Slept in!


The picture tonight is Steve and Mary, taken last June when we went to the Bamboo in Hawi, Hawaii! They are some of our best friends and we get together as much as possible. They do the very best bird and nature pictures and they are so fun to be with because they never miss a thing. They are coming this weekend to go birding around here with us and we can hardly wait for them to get here.

Today was unreal. Absolutely. I woke up at 10 minutes to 10 and Don was still in the bed with me! If he ever let me sleep that long before, he got up and left me there. Today I asked him if he was all right and he said he was, but he just let me sleep to see how long I'd really sleep. It's a wonder I woke up then. I thought I would sleep forever, but I had gone to bed around 10, so it looks like 12 hours is my limit. It's a good thing to sleep as long as I want, but I don't like not getting much done because I slept 3 extra hours. I still haven't done my walking or my jiggling, so I've got to do that, yet. I don't like that so much, so I guess I won't be sleeping in, again. It was sure fun, though. Thanks, Don!

It's still cool here, so my irises are out there holding their 'coats' closed. I was able to cut a couple more of the ones that have already bloomed, but the fresh, new colors are still hiding. Maybe tomorrow. Soon it will warm up and the flowers will bloom, but with that warmth will come grass that needs cutting and our electrical storms. I'm grateful for this calm even if I have to wait on the flowers. Don's cherry trees are FULL of cherries. I thank God for that; Don will enjoy them a lot if he can beat the birds to them.

I'll get current pictures of Steve and Mary this weekend. They came one weekend last fall, but I forgot to take pictures. I get busy having fun, sometimes, and forget to take pictures. I'll do better this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment