Sunday, April 11, 2010

Resting Sunday.


The picture tonight is little Raynie, the day we were hiking in Branson. She's our youngest grandbaby and she's growing up, too. She'll be 3 on July 10th; the day she was born was the day they did my biopsy at MD Anderson; she turned a tough day into a joyous one. She's a great little hiker; especially when she has her big brothers who carried her a lot of the way!

Today was an absolutely gorgeous day. I wanted to stand and watch to see if my irises would open. I must have gone out and checked on them 3 times. Maybe one will open tomorrow. I thank God for spring; it's so beautiful, and I can hardly wait for these irises to open! But, I'm relishing the redbuds; they are so pretty. I have to remind myself all the time to enjoy the moment and not wish my life away looking for the next flower to open, etc.!

Today we didn't walk. Don was watching the Masters, so I took a nap. I also did lots of jiggling, hoping to loosen up my back so the chiropractor can make some real progress with me tomorrow. It is some better, but I hope for a bigger improvement tomorrow. I'm going to go take a good hot bath and power plate and jiggle before bed.

4 comments:

  1. That made me smile...you are more obsessed then I am. I only go out once a day to see if mine have opened. I appear to be slightly more sane then you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your back bothering you that is not fun :( I hope you are able to get it worked out today. Have a great day!

    Love,
    Wendy's Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dana; I can't argue with you. I'll think of you every time I go out to do the iris check. :)

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Becky,

    I'm so glad this is a thing that will repair! Hang in there with your arthritis, too. Nobody said it would be pain free, I guess, huh?

    Love you,

    Wendy's Jo

    ReplyDelete