Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Home, again.


Stephanie sent this picture from her camera today and I couldn't resist putting it on the blog even though it's so much like the one she got with my camera and I posted the other night. We just love it when we go to Houston and Doris and Jerry share their grandsons with us. They are so, so precious and we have enjoyed them so much since we get to spend time down there fairly often and their sons and wives are so good to come and visit when we're there. (Thanks, Gregg, Stephanie and Brett and Heather!) This is Colter and he won't be 3 until June, but he's such a hunk of a guy. I cherish his climbing up in "our" lap; he'll probably outgrow that kind of behavior before long, but we won't ever forget it!

We made it home just fine today. The wind was gusting the last 4 hours or so, so it was really hard driving for Don. I drove for about an hour to let him nap, but it was easy driving when it was my turn. I thank God for a safe trip home.

We got home in time to get the mail, so Don's been busy catching up on mail since we got home. I've been busy doing laundry and cleaning veggies and fruit and cooking supper and quiche for the next few days. (I learned how to make quiche before I left and I like to have it for breakfast; Don won't eat it, so it's my treat.) We're set for a few days, now. It's good to be home, although our trip was wonderful. We're both exhausted and will fall into bed soon.

2 comments:

  1. MaryJo...I'm so very happy for the results of your check up. With your wonderful attitude it could not be anything but "good".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Dana; It sound like you, Debbie and Terri have the reunion plans all set. It sounds like a blast to me. We are set, too. Oops! I've got to make our hotel reservations for the weekend and send in my registration. Duh. I keep forgetting to do that, but, now that we're home for a bit maybe I'll get to those details. We have reservations made for on the way there and on the way home, so I need to nail the rest of it. Details, details.

    ReplyDelete