Sunday, January 23, 2011

2nd bedroom is empty; y'all come!

So this is the second bedroom and it's empty. Y'all come, if you want to join us, we've got room. I think we'll be able to keep 2 bedrooms as long as we're here. I go into this room to lay on the sofa and read; otherwise it doesn't get much use. Come on and join us if you want to work out and diet. (That's doesn't sound too exciting, does it?) Besides that I have puzzles to work! We're enjoying relaxing! Don has watched football all day. I finished a book. Tomorrow we'll start with taxes. Ugh.

Finally it was warm enough to shed the coat for church and wear my blazer. I had to get up and leave to have a coughing fit twice. I have not been sick at all since the first day that I felt bad. I hit it hard with herbs and NyQuil and DaQuil, so I've really felt like I wasn't sick. I know I'm getting better when this worthless cough starts. All of a sudden I have this terrible tickle and know I'd better get out of sight; then I cough like I'm coughing something up from my toes. I never get anything, but there must be a tiny little spot of phlegm somewhere that my body thinks is literally going to kill me and all that coughing jars it free. It produces a ton of tears and a very red face. I hope this is all the cough I have. I eyed the whiskey at the grocery store today in case I have to get some to mix with honey and get through a nasty coughing spell. I'm hoping to avoid that. The last time I had a bad cough, Don said, "Don't you need to make some cough syrup?" I said, "I'm not supposed to have alcohol!" He said, "You're going to die coughing! You don't have to take up drinking, just have a swallow to stop you from coughing." So, whiskey and honey is my back up plan if this cough gets worse. This is nothing new; it's the way my body has always handled upper respiratory issues. If I can just keep bronchitis from setting in, I think I'll be okay. I thank God that I've felt good and haven't felt sick at all; the cough at first has been my only symptom, and I haven't had it since I took the medicines until this tickling cough started today.

No comments:

Post a Comment