Friday, January 14, 2011

The missing piece!

Here's a picture Don took when we finished the puzzle. It wasn't finished until I made a piece tor it! We put all the pieces we had together and there were two pieces missing! We searched the whole unit and actually DID find one piece under the sofa bed. (That's a heavy sofa bed!) Even after Steve and Mary left, I searched, again, and we never found the last piece. So, I made a piece and even colored it, so it is workable for Jane, Dot's daughter. Dot is my good friend in Springville and her daughter, Jane, is also my friend. A couple of years ago when I was watching a bird nest on my front door, Jane sent me a picture that reminded her of 'my nesting birds.' She also solicited me to help with a project for a friend's grandson, so we have some ties. She likes puzzles and I intended to share this one with her, but I hated to send it with a piece missing! Notice the little tiny picture to the right on that round container; that's the container that had this puzzle in it, and that is the only picture we had to guide us in working this puzzle. This has been a very interesting experience. I'm glad I had two PhD's to help me work it! (Steve and Mary) Jane will have this picture to go by when she works the puzzle!

Tonight we're packing to get ready to check out and go back to The Suites at Fall Creek tomorrow. We really do like it there. This place has been a real treat, so we're glad we got to have a week here. I hope we can do another week here next winter, but this is the most booked resort that Bluegreen has, so it's questionable whether we'll be able to get it or not. They really have their act together, here, so it's worth the extra effort to get here.

It's been a great week. It's warmer for us to pack up and leave, so that's a blessing! We thank God for another great week of special sharing with special friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment