Thursday, January 13, 2011

The blog amazes me!


Tonight's picture is one Don took yesterday when we got home from exploring around the area. There was a beautiful sunset over the lake off our balcony. The sunset doesn't look as good in the picture as it really was. Mary told us how to make sunsets show better in pictures, so maybe the next one we take will show up better. It was too cold to do it over last night!

It's been warmer today, but it's still cold. Steve and Mary left for home around noon, so we are on our own, again. We went over to the fitness center and had a great workout.

The interesting thing that when I stepped up onto a treadmill the girl on the one next to me said, "Hi! Do you write a blog?" I was taken aback! Do I look like someone who writes a blog? I told her yes and told her the name of it. She said, "When you walked in I thought I knew you! I work for Big Cedar marketing and I saw what you wrote on your blog about Big Cedar." Her name is Jennifer and she made me think twice before I put something into writing. I should have known that already, but I'll probably forget it. Then I got home and signed on to write tonight's post and there is a comment from someone who reads the blog and relates to working puzzles because of the puzzles she and her mom worked when they were going for her mom's treatments. Sometimes I realize how very small the world can be!

Terrible things happen in this world, but I believe that more often wonderful things happen. It sometimes takes so little to light up someone's life. I appreciate those who light up my life. I thank God for placing them in my life and I pray that I can help to lighten someone's load in life. Thank you for reading and keeping up with us. We are having a wonderful time at Big Cedar!

2 comments:

  1. It was very nice to meet you and I'm so glad you were able to enjoy the beautiful sunset! What name were your reservations made under?
    Enjoy the rest of your stay - Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer, we are staying at the Wilderness Club and we are Don and Jo Shnell. We've had a wonderful time here. Everyone really goes the extra mile to make us feel very welcome, including you! The Big Cedar influence is really good for Bluegreen! We've stayed at lots of other Bluegreen resorts, but this one is the very best, in our opinion. Jo

    ReplyDelete