Friday, January 21, 2011

Quiche in the making!


This picture is one Don made of me making my quiche the other night. I make a batch of quiche, cut it into servings, and put it into the freezer. Then every morning I warm up a piece for my breakfast. Don has an omelet every morning. (eyes rolling) Let me confess to what I did to his omelet this morning! I put the sweetener that was meant for his coffee into his omelet! I'm really on the lookout for Alzheimer symptoms and I think that may BE one! Bless his heart, he's dieting, and then I ruined his favorite meal of the day! So, the next time you put sweetener in your coffee, think of Don having his in his omelet. He wouldn't let me make him a new one! He went ahead and ate it. He must be some kind of saint.

It was still very cold here, today, so the snow is staying. The sun and traffic are melting it off the roads, but we don't have to go anywhere, so we're staying close. We did go to the fitness center and the sidewalks were clear. It looks like there is probably 3 inches of snow. It's beautiful and a nice change of landscape, but we'll be happy when it's warm enough to hike. I thank God for a beautiful place to be. No matter where we go, there is something beautiful that He made.

You'll all remember me talking of our friends Tom and Linda Rose, who went to Hawaii with us twice and who we visited in the fall of 2009; Tom came to see us last spring and surprised us with his visit. I got a note today that their son-in-law, Steve, had a heart attack today at 45! He's in ICU and doing well. Please include him in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment