Monday, January 3, 2011

Reliving the visit.

Today's picture is Don getting a hug from Ethan as they were leaving yesterday. It was so fun to get to visit and play cards with this bunch!

Today we got back to our work out at the fitness center. So, I'm sweating like a pig, but very content. We like these workout sessions and appreciate this place for having a pretty good fitness center. Next week we'll go to Big Cedar and they have a great fitness center. They won't have Internet in the room, but I think I can get dial up in the room. We'll see how that works. I'm just grateful to have great places to spend the winter and even more grateful for family visits while we're here. God sure blesses us abundantly!

This morning our power went off for about 30 minutes just as I was setting breakfast on the table. I was so grateful that I had it cooked before it went off and it occurred to me that we're so blessed to have electricity all the time. Just a hundred years ago (and less!) nobody had electricity or water in their homes! When I was born, we didn't have a car. We did have electricity and hot running water in the house, but we didn't own a TV until I was 9. Then we went back to Japan and, by the time I was 14 and we were back in the states, and I had never developed the habit or appreciation for watching TV. My grandparents had only an out house, although they did have a tub in the house and running hot and cold water. Not having electricity this morning reminded me that we live in such abundance that we take for granted. I thank God for, not only life, but a very good life.

No comments:

Post a Comment