Saturday, January 8, 2011

Supper time at Big Cedar!


Tonight's picture is one Don took of me fixing supper tonight. We're so glad to be checked in and settled, here. It's really a treat place. Coal Miner's Daughter is on TV, and I've never seen it, so I'm watching it over my shoulder and will go watch it right as soon as I get this posted.

We were so pleased to learn that they now have WIFI in the units! It's free to us because we have an account with ATT. I spend a lot of time mad at ATT, so I'm liking them lots better since we get WIFI access through them! I'll be happier to cut them some slack with all the jacking they do with our account. It's a real drag when we don't have WIFI in our unit, so this is a wonderful surprise. We got pictures of a great sunset off our balcony today and neat pictures of the bed in our bedroom and the whirlpool tub. Ah; this will be a nice week! I'll post those pictures later. Really, every week has been nice. This place is packed to the hilt, though, so I wasn't looking forward to traveling all over just to post to the blog and check email. This is a really nice surprise. The 'cookie lady' has already come and given us cookies, which I'll freeze for spring break and decaf for Don's breakfast. It's so cool when she comes every night; it's a specialty of this place. We were able to check in just shortly after noon, so that was a nice surprise, too.

God is great and we sure thank Him for the abundant blessings in our lives.

2 comments:

  1. Jo! After watching "Coal Miner's Daughter" you now know what bologna will do for you!!! Ha!! Loved the movie too, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Linda, I have to confess I was watching it over my shoulder. Then I decided to go into the bedroom and watch it (because Don was flipping to watch other stuff at the same time and I was confused, as usual). By the time I figured out how to turn on the TV and found the right channel it was over. Another one of my fumblings! I really hope to get to catch it when it comes on, again. I saw just enough to make me interested, but now I want to sit down and watch it from beginning to end . . . and find out what bologna will do for me!

    Love and miss you!

    Jo

    ReplyDelete