Sunday, January 30, 2011

Back to the kitchen.


I was back in the kitchen today. I cook once a week and put it in the freezer to finish cooking when we're ready to eat it. After church we went to the grocery store, so I had plenty to cook. I forgot to get lemonade mix, so I had to make another trip to Wal-Mart to get that. It was cool today because it was so cloudy; also it's January! I made (in the picture) a quiche, that when it's cool, I'll cut into single servings and it will feed me for 8 breakfasts. I cooked a pound of sausage, so every day I'll cut up one piece and add it to Don's omelet. That's the pound of sausage cooking on the stove.

I thank God that Don is so easy to feed. He's pretty picky, so he doesn't eat much of a variety, but he doesn't want variety. He's happy to eat so close to the same thing every day as long as it's on his favorite list. When he's dieting it's even easier. He's done really well on his diet. I think he's down to 208 these days. He has that omelet for breakfast every day. For lunch he has either baked salmon or cod and a salad. For supper he'll have either a hamburger (on a low carb tortilla instead of a bun) or a hamburger steak with grilled onions. It's not too much cooking and it seems to please him. (Of course he won't touch the quiche; it has cheese, which he won't eat.) Have great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment