Friday, January 27, 2012

71 1/2 is all on this earth.

This is a picture I took a couple of days ago to show all the 'Bass Pro Shop' atmosphere around this condo.  The bedroom and bathroom is behind the window behind the sofa.  The two doors behind me are a closet and the washer and dryer.  There are deer and fish everywhere.  Can you see on the lamp shade right in front of me a cedar tree?  This is Big Cedar; so there are cedars everywhere, too.  The lamp on the desk has a couple of canoes and a fishing scene on it.  I'm not into fishing or hunting, but I love the consistency of this place and they are the definition of service.  Every night the cookie lady comes and brings a bag of cookies and new packages of coffee to brew.  I don't eat cookies or drink coffee, but I save the cookies in the freezer for the kids and my guests drink coffee.  It's the personal touch of someone visiting with a basket of goodies that makes it feel special.

Today has been a hard day.  Don would have been 72 today.  I thank God for giving me Don for 34 1/2 years.  I would be greedy to ask for more . . . but I'm feeling kind of greedy today.  Certainly I'm needy; I sure think I need Don, but God has a better plan.  Don would expect me to stand up as tall as I can and face whatever God has in store for me.  I will do that, treasuring memories all the way . . . sometimes drenched with tears, but often with a smile . . . always a smile in my heart.  I was blessed to know and enjoy true love.

8 comments:

  1. Today is the day for a big cyber hug

    (((((((((( ***)))))))))))))

    Luv ya
    Sissy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I love you, (((((((((Sissy!)))))))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no doubt that Don is so very proud of you. You really are an inspiration.
    I love you
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is still so hard to believe isn't it honey. I think of you and Don every day and pray only the best is in store for you. We love you so much and are so sorry for your loss. Be strong, stay tough like you are doing, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, Terri, thanks. Yes, I know he's proud of me; he was so blind and I had him so snowed. It was a mutual thing we had going, admiring each other! He'd want me to shake of the tears and rise above it; I'm working on that every day and some days go better than others. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Linda, it's still so hard to believe. I keep dreaming that somehow he'll be here. He won't. I have to get that and learn to smile about it. I haven't practiced it enough, yet, but I'm working on it. God gives me strength because I keep moving forward, somehow. I hope I'm getting tougher. I think it's like after the mastectomy I was so so raw and sensitive. My chest will always be tender because there's no padding for protection, but it's not so raw and sensitive. Maybe it will be something like that? I just hope to not be so raw forever, but it still feels pretty much like it was yesterday to me. Thanks for your love, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just read your reply to Terri and it reminded me that Daddy would want you to shake off the tears and rise above it too. Easier said than done right?! It just takes time I'm sure..wish I had a special band-aid to bring you tomorrow to make the hurt go away. Love you! Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ruthie, you're so right! Daddy would say I'd better get on with the program. Thanks, I needed that! Poor Mom; I think her face would be broken, like mine. You and Phil will be my band-aids to get me through some more time! Have a safe trip. We'll eat when you get here. Spaghetti!

    ReplyDelete