Thursday, January 12, 2012

On land, again!

So, the cruise was unreal. We had a great time, and we are back, checked into the condo for this week. I have no complaints with the cruise, but this condo is a pit. Let me tell the world that I own 4 timeshares and have stayed at many others, but I will never buy or recommend Silverleaf! We don't own with Silverleaf, but we've stayed with them previously and we've had good stays. I traded with friends to get this one and the time and the place are right, so I am grateful that we could make the trade. However, I called to ask if they had hairdryers and they told me yes. No hair dryer. So, they came and installed ONE, but we have 3 adults here. The kitchen is a farce. The first thing I had to do was inventory the place. That should be their job! They don't even have a laundry on the property! I could go on and on, but the worst thing is that my computer has died. Thank goodness Mary will let me use hers, but I need the information on MINE! So much for the cruise getting me started in a better direction. I'm not seeing it, yet. I've got to figure out how to get the laptop sent to me in Branson. That will be tricky, but I'll figure out how to make it work.

The picture on this post is one that Mary took of me with Doris and Jerry last Saturday morning before we left for the cruise. That was before I ate and ate and ate on the cruise. No kidding, the food was not only plentiful, but it was really delicious! There was so much to enjoy on the cruise. More about all that later, as I think of it.

Right now Mary is picking the pieces of a new puzzle out of the box and I NEED to go help her! This laptop fiasco is really stressing me, so I need to go de-stress with a puzzle. Tomorrow a good friend is coming to get me so we can to the Olive Garden and have lunch; Steve and Mary are going back toward Galveston to look for birds. I'll get pictures, but won't be able to download them until I get my laptop fixed, I guess. I'll be using pictures Mary took for the blog this week. I'll figure out what to do after that. I'm not excited about figuring out how to do things; this will keep me busy over the winter, no doubt. Ugh. God promised He wouldn't give me more than I can handle; He has such high hopes for me and I'm grateful that He believes in me. I am so thankful for all the ways he has blessed me! I have terrific support!

4 comments:

  1. Yea!! So glad you are back! Not sure I'm going to let you go anymore....I MISSED YOU!! (I know...since when do I say what you can and can't do??!!) Anyway, will be anxious to hear more. Have a good week in Texas! Love U still!
    Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks, Ruthie! We'll talk soon! I missed talking to you, too! Love you tons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jo!!!! Welcome back to the mainland! So glad you enjoyed the cruise. (Sometimes I get really mad at our computer here too, but what would I do without it now!! I wouldn't be able to stay in close communication with you!! So sorry you are having such problems with your computer.) <3 Can't wait to hear all about your cruise! Missed you and sending love, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda, I just now saw this. I've replaced the laptop; I'll work with the other one soon, but for now, this one is good. We'll visit and I'll tell you all about the cruise. It really was wonderful and you and Tom would love it, I think! I hope you get a chance to go on one someday. However, after the one in Europe went down, folks are running scared. I don't blame them! Love you!

    ReplyDelete