Thursday, January 26, 2012

I read today about a girlfriend who was remarking that one of her mother's instructions to her and her siblings were to be sure to fill their lives with good friends.  It reminded me that I am so very blessed with good friends. This picture is one my camera on timer took the day we left for the cruise.  Doris, Don's sister and her husband, Jerry are on the outside of the group of Mary, Steve, and I.  Doris and Jerry so graciously let us spend the night at their house so we could get up and go pick up Patsy and go on to check onto the ship.  Not only that; they took us out to a wonderful dinner at my favorite Mexican place, Gringo's, the night before.  They also picked me up at MD Anderson last Friday and took me tot he airport so I could catch my flight back to OK; on they way they bought my supper, again.

Steve and Mary came to my house the night before we left for Houston and spent the night, then drove me all the way down there.  We stayed in a condo the week after we got back from the cruise and then they took me into MD Anderson for my check up.  Then, since I had to go back in for more tests, they took me and my suitcases to Doris and Jerry's house before they headed for home.  Doris took me back into MD Anderson for one test and then to Judy's house to spend the next couple of days.  All these folks were carting me everywhere to get all my tests done and get me where I needed to be.  Judy took me back up to MD Anderson on Friday for my last ct scan and I took my bags up to (yet another friend, who was pictured on the blog recently) Candy's room so I wouldn't have to drag them around the hospital.  Candy's husband, Joe, had a chemo treatment that day, so I called her out of that treatment (he was sleeping) for lunch and to take me to get my bags from their room. I guess that all sounds confusing to you all.  The point is that it took the teamwork of a bunch of awesome friends and family to accomplish my checkup and following tests.  Then when I got back to Bartlesville, Steve and Mary drove the 3 hours up there to get me and return me to Oklahoma City where I spent the night with our daughter.  She took me home on Saturday.  Not only am I blessed with awesome results, I'm further blessed with awesome friends and family.  I can never repay them, but I'll never forget and neither will God.  He knows how many hairs we have on our head; I know he knows the love we show, too.  It's how we spread His spirit!

Note:  I refilled the car at Phillip's today!  I'm loving finding ConocoPhillips everywhere!

2 comments:

  1. The feeling is so mutual, Mary Jo, we are all blessed to have you in our lives.
    Love you
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, Terri, thanks! I've been on the receiving end so much the last 5 years and this last one, especially. You all never let me down; you're always right there! Love you! Your Sissy

    ReplyDelete