Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Here's the deal.

This is a picture of the mini reunion we had today. This is me with Judy and Candy, who were both classmates of mine in Japan. Judy lives here in Houston and has walked me through the breast cancer journey. Candy lives in the Hill Country of Texas in a town I can't remember. She and her husband are at MD Anderson for him to have a stem cell transplant. It was wonderful that we could enjoy visiting today. I thank God for tremendous friends and family!

Now, the deal:

1: My ankles were swollen so the doctor is concerned that I may have some heart damage from the chemo so she insists we check it. Thus, I'm having an echo cardiogram tomorrow.

(Note: swollen ankles run in my family, so I think this will not be an issue.)

2: My hip and leg have been hurting me, so the doctor had a bone scan done on me today from head to toe.

(Note: I have a badly degenerated disc at the bottom of my vertebra and I believe that is causing my leg and hip pain. I could be wrong, but this scan will tell us the answers.)

3: My bloodwork showed numbers for my liver function that made the doctor order a CT scan on Friday.

(Note: I have a history of weird numbers on my liver function numbers since way back before I ever had cancer. I used to give blood every 8 weeks and at one time they wrote me a letter and asked me not to give for a year because my liver function numbers were out of line. So, this is not such a big deal to me, but they have to be sure.)

So, I'm taking this as a message from God that I must remember that HE is in charge. MY plans to go to Branson are not in line with HIS plans. I have prayed that His will be done in all things. I trust Him to make a better plan than mine. I'll do my best to cooperate with Him.

I wish I could write that we got a good report today, but what we got was frustrating numbers and signals. The tests will give us better direction. In the meantime, Steve and Mary will go back home and I will be here with Doris and Judy to look after me. I couldn't be in better hands.

The worst thing about this is that I don't want to do it without Don. I work every day to accept that reality, but it hits me cold in the face so often. God has given me great support in family and friends, though. Thank you who are reading this for being in that group who God has given to me!

I will keep you posted as best as I can. Please understand that I will be floating from house to house, though, and remember that no news is good news.

15 comments:

  1. Thinking of you...prayers and hugs.

    Luv ya

    Sissy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sissy; 'nuf said! Love you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking about you and praying for you, my sweet friend. I love you
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  4. MJ, praying that all will be well with the tests you are about to embark on. I love the photo of you, Judy, and Candy and so glad they are there to look after you !
    HUGS
    Nancy and David

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way you have a solution to all the suspicions the doc has....good detective work MJ. My fingers are crossed for you. BTW...are you sure Judy is the same age as all of us?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terri, thanks for your prayers and love! I need all that! Love you, Your Sissy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nancy and David, it is a comfort to have Judy and Candy here for sure. It's also a huge comfort and encouragement to know there are others like you who are with me in spirit. I lean heavily on you all! Love you, Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dana, that Judy is something else! She's 26 days younger than me; must have been some heavy duty days on me or else she has some magic potion. She's so beautiful!

    The doctors may come up with some issues, but I suspect we are being ultra careful. However at 63, I should not be surprised at whatever issues they may discover. I like my solutions better than what they are seeking.

    Love you, Dana; thanks for hanging in here witih me! MJ

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey there young lady. Once again, I am out of pocket but, hopefully, not for long. At least YOU are in the right place and I don't think anyone could do a better job. You are the baby and this is the doctor slapping you on your butt to get you to breathe. Whatever happens, we will get by it. I will see your smiley face sometime in early March if not sooner. Judy owes me a few hugs so feel free to use up some of mine if yours run low. Take care kiddo. Bob C.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Prayers coming your way from WV! Keep up your positive attitude. Don is that little angel on your shoulder whispering those positive outcomes for you! Keep smiling, too, your are beautiful inside and out!

    Love ya, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  11. MJ: We are hanging in there with you and hoping all tests will turn out fine !
    BIG BEAR HUG from David and I

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey, Bob! How fun to find you commenting on the blog! Judy accepted some hugs from you through me. We had a fun day, just being together, yesterday. I hope to get a flight home this weekend; then I'll go to Branson and they can call me with the results of all these tests I think they'll be fine. If they're not I'll deal with it. Don't worry that you're out of pocket; at least I know what pocket you're in! I still feel your support. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Donna, thanks so much for the prayers and for the visual that Don is on my shoulder whispering the good reports. The hardest part of this was the idea of going through it without him here. Your visual is a big help and I won't forget it. Love you heaps and gobs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nancy and David, thanks so much for hanging tough with me. I'm taking you with me all the way.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have a good trip to Branson and that you get good news about your tests while you are there ! Aren't you glad you don't have to drink any more chalk milkshakes ? UGH !
    will check back on here in a few days and look in on you again ! The Force be with you my friend !!!!!!!!!!!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete