Monday, January 2, 2012

Look closely for the hidden feathers.


Trish had her feathers 'installed' (I doubt that is the right term.) in the back of her hair behind her left ear. So, it's really very subtle. There is a dark one, a red one and three little skinny gray ones. What a concept! I was always taught that feathers have lice and all kinds of cooties. I'm sure these are cleaned, but they still kind of give me the creeps. They look so cute in the girls' hair, though. It's certainly a thing of this generation, although many from my generation have them, too. No doubt I'm out of that loop!

Today I've been packing and working on taxes. I will finish the corporate taxes when I'm in Branson and the rest when I get home, but I want to have as much done as possible before I go so I can be sure to take everything I need with me.

I had company yesterday, so there is more food to eat than I usually eat, so my stomach is rebelling. Anymore food in my stomach acts like water on a hot skillet, so I shouldn't have eaten as much as I did today. I will learn. I've learned that eating is a social thing for me. When I eat with folks my stomach is more receptive. This alone business will take some adjusting. They say it takes time. I've learned that 3 1/2 months is not long enough for me. Time is meaningless to God, so I think I need to lean toward that direction and quit thinking about time. Time is a big issue that man makes.

No comments:

Post a Comment