Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The best I could do today.


Saturday the speedometer quit working on my 'good' van. I thought I could drive it without it, but I realized I kept looking at it, so I guess I need it. I looked on the Internet and found that it can cause other problems if I don't fix it. I also remember the last ticket I got for doing 35 in a 25 mile zone, and it cost me $110. 25 is hard to do unless I'm in reverse; then there is the highway. I just think I need to fix it. It's only money. I'll spend it until it's gone and then maybe I'll get a job teaching full time. Or maybe I'll quit driving? No, I'm going to drive this car until it won't go anymore. So, I had to drive to Altus to get the car checked and get the part ordered. I'll have to go back tomorrow when the part arrives to have it fixed. The last time I drove to Altus in the daylight was to take Don to the doctor and hospital. It brought back memories and took me to tears. A good friend went with me, so I was able to keep it under control until I got home. Otherwise, I know I would have cried the whole way there and back. I'm sure the dealership people would have had a hey day with that. The last time I was in that dealership was with Don, too. Man, I just can't get through this. I thank God that the memories are precious, though. He was so kind and loving; I have absolutely no bad memories.

I've been to Altus a couple of times in the dark to get my fingerprints done. (They only do them after 7 p.m.) Prior to that, the last time I drove to Altus in the dark was when we went there one night to get a powerful antibiotic for Don when the bladder infection he had wasn't responding to the first medication. That was on Labor Day weekend. Dorothy went with me to get my prints made, and it was dark so I didn't see all the reminders. I guess it's good to keep doing things, so that I can't say the last time I did this was with Don. I really hadn't driven much in the last several years. I was just the sub driver; I'd drive long enough for Don to get a nap, but he did most of the driving. I miss him so much. God has a plan for me. This is the day that the Lord has made and I will be glad and rejoice in it. The good thing is that I didn't get a ticket today and I can pay the bill; it hurts, but I can pay it. God provides and He blesses with abundance. Today's picture is as close to rejoicing as I could muster.

No comments:

Post a Comment