Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The finished puzzle and some good news.



Here is the picture I've promised with the finished puzzle. Steve and I were very proud of our work!


Now, the report from today is GREAT! I'm not in the clear, yet, but as far as my heart goes, I am. I had the echo cardiogram today and the guy who did it said, "This is good! Your heart is working like it's supposed to. Whatever procedure or treatment they want to do on you, you can take, because your heart is good." I told him they didn't want to do any treatment or procedure but they were looking to be sure the chemo had not damaged my heart. So, then he said, "Well, there is no problem with your heart; they're going to have to find some other excuse for your ankles swelling." I'm convinced it's genetics, so I'm not any more worried about the ankles than I am worried about being short! So, no worries about the heart!


Steve and Mary took me to Doris' house today and then they headed for home. Doris took me in to MD Anderson for the echo cardiogram. I loved spending the day with Doris! It was great to have someone to join me in cheering today! Then she brought me out to Judy's house and Judy had curry rice cooking! YUM! Tricia worries about me eating, well, Trish, worry no more! I ate plenty yummy food tonight!


Today I learned that I can go home on Friday after the CT scan, but I'll have to figure out how to schedule a flight. There are several options, including a couple of free ones, so that's a wonderful thing if I can make it work. Hopefully, I can work out something so I can go home this weekend. I sure thank God for today's good news and thank you all for your prayers!

4 comments:

  1. Great news about the heart...so happy for you. One down, two to go! The rest will be good news too!!!!

    Love ya, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippee!! Great news so far.
    I love you
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers answered! Let me know if I can do anything for you.
    Love,
    Scarlett

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much Donna, Terri, and Scarlett! Your love and support means so very much. I have the last test today, the ct scan of the abdomen. I'm hoping to get a flight home this weekend; they can call me with the results, which I expect to be good. I really believe this has all been only a big scare, but when they read the results they will confirm that I am still clean and able to keep on with the goals. Again, thanks so much for your love and tremendous support.

    ReplyDelete