Friday, January 20, 2012

Praise God and Celebrate!


Tonight's picture is one that Steve or Mary took Sunday, when Heather and Brett and Luke and Logan came to visit when we were in the condo in Conroe. I am so blessed to have so many precious people in my family. This was a visit to treasure; so glad I've got pics to help bring it to my recollection often!
This morning as I was waiting to go in for my ct scan (checking the liver) I got a call that they had a seat reserved for me on a private jet to Bartlesville, OK, tonight! Conoco-Phillips runs a shuttle Sunday through Friday to and from Bartlesville and Houston and they let cancer patients ride in their vacant seats, FREE! So, I'll be buying all the Conoco-Phillips gas I can to thank them; hope you will, too! So, Steve and Mary are going to pick me up at Bartlesville and take me to Tricia's house in Oklahoma City. I'll spend the night and she'll take me home in the morning. Woo hoo! That's not all; there's more!
I finished up my scan and Jerry and Doris picked me up and brought me to the airport. While I was sitting here waiting, my doctor's nurse called to tell me the results are in from the bone scan and there is NO evidence of metastasis to the bones! THAT's what I expected, but I didn't expect it until Tuesday. She said she will call me Tuesday with the results from my ct scan today. Thank you all so much for your prayers, and I sure thank God for His help, here. I'm a blessed lady!

5 comments:

  1. Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Praise God from whom all blessing flow..." Wonderful exciting news. Take care!

    Love ya, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so glad your tests have all been clear so far and sure the last one will be too. I hope you realize you've conquered some "firsts" and on your way to winning another battle besides the one you've been dealing with the past 5 years. You are a strong person and such an inspiration; we love you and are so proud of you! Ruthie & Phil (Hope your flight was good!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, Y'all, the Blogger won't let me answer you individually. Like it wouldn't separate my paragraphs last night or even let me indent for them. How frustrating it is, sometimes. I'm not sure if it's the blogger or Windows 7 on this new laptop. Anyway, I sure thank you all for your cheers and praise to God with me. Yes, Ruthie, I'm conquering some battles besides breast cancer. I'm learning a lot of things I never wanted to know. I know it could be way worse, though, so I give thanks! I think this is how growing up is. Jesus wanted us to become as little children and I think I'd love to do that if I could figure out how. And, yes, I'm knocking down some firsts; maybe one day I'll look back and say, "It's better, now." I'm not there, yet. I'm so grateful for the great test results, though! Praise God. It's hard enough to live without having to struggle through a health issue without Don's support. Love you all so much; thanks for your support!

    ReplyDelete