Saturday, January 28, 2012

Looking like my mom, again.

I took this shot to show the deer over the fireplace and the fish on the wall.  That door goes out to the balcony off the living room.  There is another balcony off the bedroom.  Maybe this reminds me of Mom because of the white or the gray hair.  Anyway, I think of her when I look at this picture.  Oh, the TV is in that cabinet behind me (There is another one in the bedroom, which I've never watched).  I watched The Bachelor Monday night and haven't had it on another time; I grew up without TV and never got the habit.

Today was a better day for me.  I pushed myself to go to the fitness center.  I was really afraid to go because that was something Don and I always did.  I thought it would be traumatic for me.  They had totally redone the fitness center; even moved it to a new floor.  So, it was different in many ways.  I still missed him, but I know he would want me to go, so I did  He would not want me to pass up the opportunity to go to such a nice fitness center and it is state of the art.  Besides, he'd want me taking care of myself, and walking is important in my care.  I used to walk 4 mph, but I was only comfortable with 2.3 mph today.  I don't have to be in a rush; I don't have any trains to catch.  I thank God that I can walk, and for the opportunity to have a good fitness center available.

Ruthie and Phil are coming tomorrow;  I'm making a sugar free pie!  Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment