Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year's Day.

This is Dorothy and I playing cards with our friend, Joan. Joan is my great friend who taught us how to play Hand and Foot Canasta. She always takes care of the house whenever we leave and she does a lot of the yard work for me these days. She's an awesome friend. This is the first time the three of us have played cards since David and Don died. We played and shed no tears! I even got the red 3's once, which is a big deal, especially when we aren't playing with partners. Anyway, we had a fun day. I thank God for good friends to make all of life better, but especially the really hard times.

This is the day that the Lord Hath made. I will rejoice and be glad in it. I want that to be my mantra every day to help me keep my chin up where it should be. Good friends and good family help me to set and make my goals. I pray that your 2012 will be a healthy and happy year for you. I pray that mine will be, too. It's hard to imagine it, but I believe that, somehow, it can be. God provides and blesses, so who am I to doubt Him?

5 comments:

  1. Yes, somehow it CAN and WILL be! Just hang on to those thoughts and your mantra! I love this picture of you three so intently playing. Love U! Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! It was so fun to play all afternoon! I love these women! I'm hanging on, Ruthie! Sissy and I are going to DO this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jo, Here is my new year's wish:

    Dear God, in 2012 please make my bank account fat and my body thin! Please don't mix them up like you did last year!

    Love you, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jo, Here is my new year's wish:

    Dear God, in 2012 please make my bank account fat and my body thin! Please don't mix them up like you did last year!

    Love you, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda, I see you're real serious about this one! Love you, too!

    ReplyDelete