Monday, September 17, 2012

Family is a treasure.

Raynie loves her cousin, Elena!  She was snuggling up to this picture of Elena and her Easter chicks when I came into the room.  She said, "I love Elena; I wish I could see her!  I miss Elena!"  So this picture is dedicated to Elena.  They get to see each other every June when we go to the family reunion and then spend a week in Gatlinburg.  We all look forward to time shared every year.

I taught band today and Lee worked at home all day.  Then I came home and we worked another 5 hours.  Now, we're cleaning up and going to bed to get a good night's sleep and get up and go to it again tomorrow.  I'm not teaching anymore until we're settled.  Lee called today and rescheduled our move of his belongings to the 27th.  That gives us 6 more days.  Whew; we'll need every bit of that.

My baby sister reminded me that this is only STUFF that we're breaking our backs to move.  It's probably not worth it.  It helps me to keep a better mental attitude toward it.  I have the memories; I don't have to keep the STUFF and be choked by it!  Someone else can use it and enjoy it; it's time to share.  My older sister reminded me that there is a time for everything and THIS is the time to enjoy being with Lee and building a strong relationship with him.  I thank God for sisters and their wisdom and love.


2 comments:

  1. Don't get so busy that you forget Survivor starts tomorrow night! Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reminder, Pamela, but I think I'm going to have a break through and skip it this season. Just too much to do that matters. I've about totally given up on TV. I'm happy to be done with it. If it were up to me I'd be shipping the TV right out the door. Men seem to really like TV, though, so I guess we'll be keeping TVs. Oh, well; it was up to me for a while and I hated things being up to me. Ha! Guess I'll have TV in the house, but I don't expect to watch it much. Love you!

    ReplyDelete