Sunday, September 2, 2012

Making progress.

This picture I got when we got back here on Saturday afternoon.  We had to unload those two chairs here; we thought they'd sell better here than in Hobart and I'm giving them up to make space for a couple Lee is bringing to Hobart.  After we unloaded those chairs and a couple of other things we took my freezer to Krissy, Lee's youngest daughter.  Then we took a bunch of stuff to Trish to use in her quilting.  Then last night we took Don's golf clubs to Garrett.  He thinks he will enjoy using some of those clubs and they'll be special to him.  That freed up some more space at home.  Whew!

Today, after church, we spent the whole day working to sort out things in Lee's garage.  We pulled out a bunch of stuff that we'll take to the house in Hobart.  We pulled out a bunch that will go in the garage sale starting on Thursday.  We've got a lot to sell, so I hope it goes well!  There are a bunch of dishes that I have to photograph and list on Craig's list.  There is a lot of work to do before Thursday, but that's why we're here this week.  If we can get this end cleared out a lot, then we'll go back to Hobart and do the same thing. We're thinking we'll make the final move of things from here to Hobart on the 22nd of this month, but that's tentative.  We're going to my high school reunion in San Antonio on the 5th of October and we hope to be all settled by then . . . as much as possible, anyway.  I'm sure there will be some wrinkles to iron, but we should be pretty much done by then.  If we can just stay healthy!

We're hoping to get to bed early tonight so we can get up early to work in the garage while it's cooler in the morning.  I thank God for cool mornings!  I know the farmers need rain, but it's sure helping us that there is little hope for rain, so we have a lot of things we've sorted to go home in the back yard to make room in the garage for us to work and have the sale!  I sure thank God for our ability to withstand this heat and the lifting we're doing.  Man, my body thinks I've gone completely crazy!  It's a happy crazy and that's sure a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment