Sunday, September 16, 2012

Only Nerts can be more fun than H&F Canasta.

Nate and Megan and Lee and I played Hand and Foot Canasta for 4 hours Saturday afternoon while Trish slept and we waited for the rest of the folks to get here.  Gracie and Raynie played around and entertained themselves and snacked with us.  That was all way fun.  But, last night after Rob and Sadie and Mason got here, we started playing Nerts.  Boy, was that ever wild fun!  In this picture we are down to Sadie, Gracie, Megan and I.  Earlier Mason and Tricia were playing with us, too.  Rob was never brave enough to play with us and Lee watched for a bit, but he took a safe distance in the living room.  He said it sure looked like someone could get hurt with that one.  If you've played Nerts, you know how wild it can get with people frantic to get their Nerts pile played first.  It was GREAT fun!

All in all it was an awesome weekend.  Lee and I have decided that there is no way we can get this house ready to receive his belongings by Friday, so we're going to reschedule the move from the 21st to the 28th.  It's still a big order, but that's more reasonable to expect we can do.  We are really to old to be doing this.

We did have a dealer come over today and go through the house with us and go over some of the pieces I have.  He will notify his contacts and see if there are any he can help me to move.  He also bought some coins from Lee, so that was a little bit we were able to unload.

There is so much more to do.  Tomorrow I will teach and Lee will be unloading a bunch of chests into boxes and a dealer is coming to get them tomorrow.  Someday I'll put all of what he unloads into who knows what.  I'm trusting God to help me figure out all of this and part with even more things.  I know this is His plan, so I'm aiming to work it the best I can.  After looking at all we have to do, we decided that we need more time to work on this end than on the back end, so the rescheduling is the best plan.  I'm so glad that Lee has a level head.  I would be up 24/7, no lie, if I had to get this done by Wednesday when we have to leave for his check up with his cardiologist.  I know it gets confusing for you who are reading this to keep up with all we are doing.  It's confusing for me and I'm right here doing it!  A day with the kids tomorrow will be a good break for me.  Poor Lee has a lot of work to do while I'm gone.  I'll do my best to give his some relief when I get home tomorrow afternoon.  I am really looking forward to the day that this house will be settled, again.  God will get me to that; He got me this far, so I know He'll get me through it.

2 comments:

  1. Jo,

    It's just stuff and you have a LOT of it!!! The things Lee is boxing up...don't let it stay in boxes too long. If you don't have a place to put it you probably don't need it. Just think about the people that could really use it, donate it or sell it. Ok that is just the "kid" sister talking, do what you want.

    I am trying to make room for Brian to move in. I have decided I don't need to have my stuff in all 3 bedrooms so I am clearing out a lot of stuff. He is giving Misty most of the furniture so I don't have to make room for that. Right now all my rooms are a mess from moving stuff but when I get that cleared out then this winter I am going to go thru alot of other stuff and get rid of it. I know my kids won't have room for any of my things nor will they want much when I pass away so I am going to clear out alot and hope I don't need it after it's gone. LOL

    Sorry for the long-winded comment.

    Luv
    Sissy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kid Sister, you never have to be sorry for any post. I love your input and you are so right! You are wise to downsize as much as possible right now!

    BTW, Gretta wanted that bedroom suite, so don't be counting on it. A trip to deliver all this stuff to her is on our agenda in October as soon as we get home from the reunion in San Antonio. A big pile is mounting up in the garage for her.

    Thanks, again, for the input. Trish told me that when the basement flooded years ago and you remind me; you're both so right.

    Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete