Tuesday, September 4, 2012

From Sunday because we look awful today.

We got this picture before church on Sunday.  It's a good thing because we look like death warmed over today.  It was 102 today and it must have been hotter in the garage.  We have a fan going out there, but we still had to take lots of breaks.  There's been no point in wearing make up; it would just run into my eyes with the sweat and get wiped and smeared.  I'm so sick of looking at me with my hair all gummed down with sweat and no make up.  Lee looks great, but he's as tired as I am!

Orange juice is a great lifter!  It will feel so good to see all this stuff leave and clear out the garage.  It will feel good to have the same freedom in Hobart, but we'll have to go through all this sorting, again, first.  Ugh.  I am thankful that we have abundance instead of abundant need.  We do have abundant needs and God has blessed us with way more than we need.  We even have energy to spare.  I'm hoping there is enough energy left to get me through a bath and to bed.

We are tired, but we are having so much fun.  Today I told Lee that someone should be making a slap stick movie about this part of our journey.  I could be something like "Airplane" was.  We go around quoting from that movie all the time and when we aren't quoting from it we are making up lines that sound like they are from it.  Probably nobody else would think we are funny, but we laugh and laugh.  It's good for both of us!  Maybe our movie could be called, "The Golden Years" or "The Merry Widows."  I thank God that it would be side splitting.  Lee keeps saying, "Don't make me laugh anymore!"  Those smiles are real and I thank God for them and the spirit that brings them.

2 comments:

  1. It will be wonderful to meet the person who has you laughing so much. Love you and I know I'll love Lee too!
    Scarlett

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Scarlett, you will love him, no doubt! He even has fun with the Fitbit! We both wear one and compare notes. He feels like he knows you because I speak of you so much and we are all Fitbit partners. :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete