Friday, September 7, 2012

$urviving!

We have worked long hours and slept precious few, but we are surviving!  We have one more day of garage sale to go.  So far in the last two days we've collected $850 for probably $8,000 worth of things we no longer have room to keep nor need.  We are happy to see it leaving the garage.  This picture was taken this morning in the garage.  The tree behind me is for sale, but it may have to go home with me since it hasn't sold in 2 days.  We'll see, and if it goes home with me, we'll love it.

I thank God for the opportunity to study people a little more today.  People are so cool!  It was fun to share the study with Lee, too.  Sometimes it's not so easy to smile at folks, but mostly it is.  I had one lady who took a $4 price tag off an item today and exchanged it with the $8 tag that was on the item she bought.  How  bizarre that someone would do that!  She has to live with the knowledge of having done that all the rest of her life, as well as eternity.  I can't imagine that it would be worth $4 to her.  Other than that woman we didn't have anyone who 'misbehaved.'  We met lots of fun people and we were enriched besides collecting the money and freeing up space around here!  One more day!  Woo hoo!  Then we have to get busy packing what is left and get back to work!

2 comments:


  1. Take a pic of the tree that's for sale. I may buy it to "plant" in my backyard. I already have 2 "planted" just waiting to see how they survive the year, so far so good! My friend Debbie thinks I'm crazy and acting like an old person but my trees are working out great and they look nice with no care or water.

    Glad to hear your sale is going well. Y'all both look better than I usually do after garage sales!

    Luv
    Sissy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Sissy! I took pics of the trees we have today for you, but then 2 of them sold at the sale. I have one left, but I don't think it's a great idea to plant them in they yard. I also took pics for you of one that Lee left outside for the last 3 years and it looks terrible. I'll send the pics to you, but you pay close attention to the 'dead' one. I think you might reconsider planting these outside. I love your spunk and grit, though! Love you heaps and gobs!

    ReplyDelete