Sunday, September 30, 2012

Finally!

I don't know why this picture isn't very clear; probably some setting I've wrecked on my camera.  At least I got a picture of the two of us in the entry of the house.  That's one of Lee's pictures that we hung.  We got a mirror and two more pictures hung today.  I got another grouping hung across from this one where we are standing.  I got the bed made in one of the guest rooms and we unpacked a lot more today.  We warmed meatloaf from the freezer and had some rice and green beans (from a mix Lee had and a can of beans he had) and brought Dorothy home from church with us for lunch.  She loved all we have done so far.  Of course she has macular degeneration so she couldn't see anything too well and she loves Lee and I so we can do no wrong in her eyes!  She's certainly the perfect person to be our first guest when we're still standing on our ears!

I thank God for friends who love us even in our mess.  I thank God for our abundance.  I keep thinking all this stuff is choking me, but I just need to manage it and do like my sister said:  determine what I want to keep and donate or sell or give away the rest because it's time for someone else to enjoy it and benefit from it.  Thank you, Sissy; I keep reminding myself of that.

Tomorrow we have to see our insurance agent and the Direct TV guy is coming to hook up our TV's.  I hate to see that happen because our peace and quiet will be gone, but it seems important to Lee.  I know I'm mal-adjusted when it comes to TV's.  I need to watch some so I will be in the real world with the kids when I'm teaching, too, but I really could live to be 800 and never watch TV and I'd be okay with that.  We'll be packing for our trip to OKC and San Antonio tomorrow, too.  We're both so ready for a break from this move.  We've got the house into a bit of order.  We'll be glad to get away from it, but after a break we'll be ready and eager to get back to settling in even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment