Friday, September 14, 2012

Working, working, working . . .

This is a picture I got of Lee and Raynie a couple of weeks ago when we went back to OKC to begin sorting out his belongings.  We stopped at Tricia's house and took the hat Raynie is wearing to her.  It was one from her high school; I had found around here and I thought she'd get a kick out of it.  Raynie got a really big kick out of it!  She enjoyed putting it on Lee, too!  They are a good pair.

Lee and I ran numerous errands around her today.  We picked up and went through the mountain of mail that was here.  We're slowly getting things sorted.  I even sold a few little pieces to a guy in town who buys furniture.  There is so much more to go through!

We got the TV programming figured out and ordered; that was a big mountain to climb.  I'm so not a TV person, but this is real life.  If I'm going to teach I need to be somewhat aware of what is happening in the world.  We enjoy watching NBA ball, too; especially since we are both OKC Thunder fans.

We got to see Dorothy and got her hair trimmed.  We delivered a little fridge to her and she was thrilled with it.  It was good to see her since she's going to be gone for a week.

Trish and the kids are coming tomorrow, so we have them on our minds and that's why I chose this picture.  Hopefully tomorrow we'll get some more good family pics. Yesterday was Mason's birthday and tomorrow is Tricia's.  Monday is Davey's.  God is good; while this is a sad time to remember losing Don last year, we have many lasting wonderful memories of him and numerous other reasons to celebrate right through the sadness.  To quote a hero from 9/11, "Let's roll!"

No comments:

Post a Comment