Monday, September 24, 2012

Girls love winning, but the playing is the most fun.

This is a picture I got of Megan the day we played 4 hours of Hand and Foot Canasta.  We won a lot, but it was just fun to be playing!  I'm doing my best to recall those moments, now that Lee and I are working so hard.  We're looking forward to playing at something instead of working so hard at everything.  However, we're getting close.  Tonight is the last we can work here.  In the morning we leave early for the city and we'll work tomorrow and Wednesday to get all his belongings packed and his side of the duplex all spotless to leave for the next renter.  Thursday morning the movers are coming at 7 A.M.   That will be a big day.  We'll get home and get to start putting things together in the form that we want it to start living together, here.  We're both excited about that.  We'll have a week to get into some kind of shape before we leave for my reunion in San Antonio.  Ah . . . we're ready for some rest!  Some things are beginning to take some shape for us.  We have the front two rooms in pretty good shape.  The office is empty and our bedroom is down to the bed, a chair, the treadmill, one chest of drawers a little chest, and the TV which we moved into there from the living room.  Oh, yeah, I moved a book case into there.  It's coming along in there.

Tonight I'm doing the blog early because I'm unhooking all the computers and I'll be offline for a while.  I'm not sure I'll be able to connect in OKC.  I think we turned off the cable, so I'll have to go to MacDonald's and I'm not sure there will be time for that.  So, Don't look for me to blog, again, until Friday.  It may take me until then to get the computers set up here at the house.   I'll do my best to get it done by Thursday night, but don't hold your breath!  There will be a lot to do that day and night.

I am so thankful for wonderful weather to do this.  We've made so many trips to the dumpster and tracking in water would be such a mess.  It was so funny today.  We put the first computer Don and I ever bought out in the alley by the dumpster.  Before we could even get all the parts out there a guy was out there gathering it up to haul off.  I asked him if he wanted a TV and he said, "Sure," so we came back in and brought the one that was in the office out to him.  It was an old one, but it worked, so he got a good thing and we got rid of it.  Most people only want flat screens, anymore, so getting rid of these old TV's is going to be a trip.

I'm also so thankful for the health and strength to do all this moving.  I especially thank God for Lee, who has given me the motivation to get going with cleaning out all this accumulated stuff and who gives me purpose every day.  He's a wonderful help and support.  Bless his heart, we're both wearing fitbits to track our steps and we've both been nearly 5 miles today, just walking around the house!  He's a great partner and he blesses me.

No comments:

Post a Comment