Friday, September 28, 2012

I have been corded!

Corded:  that's what happens when I hook up the entertainment system that Lee has. I got this picture  of us toasting grapefruit juice last month a day or two after we married.  I thought the picture was pretty lousy but it has the entertainment center behind me in it, so I posted it tonight.  I have been putting that system together today and, all I can say is that 'Vengeance is the Lord's.'  It's better that I never find the guy whose idea it was to put so many cords behind any equipment.  I think I'll apply for a job with the Chinese Acrobats when we go to Branson this year; I should be able to keep up with them after the contortions I had to get into to connect all this equipment!  I thank God for Lee's son, James, who unhooked all of it and labeled it for me so I'd have a clue where it all went.  I spent about 3 hours watching him undo it the other night, but it took me all day to restore it.  I think I have something not right because we're playing a DVD of Celine Dion and there is no picture on the TV and there should be.  The Direct TV people are coming Monday to hook up the TV, so I'm hoping they'll know what I did wrong.  Otherwise, everything seems to be working right.  Right now I'm listening to a beautiful CD that Ruthie gave me of Alan Jackson's.

Lee registered to vote today, so he's a local, now.  He unpacked a bunch of boxes in the garage today and took all the boxes that the entertainment equipment came in up to the attic.  He's doing a great job getting things put into place.  I can help with that more tomorrow, since I did all the technical stuff today.  At least I can listen to great music as I work.  I took my stereo back to the basement, so I have great music everywhere I go, now.  (Got that connected right, too.)  I hope I never, ever have to hook up anything electronic, again.  I'm way over quota with electronics, but I'll admit that I do love the beautiful music.  When we get all the work done, it will be nice to just relax with the nice music.  This Alan Jackson CD is great religious songs, so it's helping me to get my mind into a better zone for going to bed with thanks for.  Shame on me for complaining; I'm really thankful that I could get down int the floor and get all that connected.  There have been times that I could not have done that.  It was close today, but this 'little engine' thought she could and she did.  I know God helped me and I thank Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment